Counselling for Anxiety
Anxiety can separate you from the life you want to live and meeting the goals you want to achieve. Anxiety also makes it difficult to connect with others leaving you feeling alone. People close to you want to help but they simply don't know how.
Challenges you may be experiencing
As a person struggling with anxiety, you may find yourself experiencing some of these feelings:
- Feelings of unmanageable, excessive worry about social/work or other situations
- “What will people be thinking about me?”
- "What is going to happen at work today? My anxiety makes it so hard for me to concentrate."
- "I need to go grocery shopping today, but I feel so much worry and panic about going out."
- Feeling like there is some kind of impending threat or feelings of doom:
- "I just feel like something is going to happen to me today, I know in my mind that I am not in danger, but cannot stop these negative thoughts - then my heart begins to beat very fast, my chest gets tight, and I begin to sweat - it just comes out of nowhere"
- “I wish I could say 'yes' to going out with my friends tonight, but I am so much more calm if I just stay home”
- "Sometimes I feel like I am going 'crazy'"
- Feeling like nobody understands and like others judge you
- “Nobody understands what goes on for me on the inside, the excessive worry, the the negative thoughts, the way my body responds to all of this - it is uncontrollable"
- "They must think I am 'crazy'"
- "I feel so alone in all of this"
- "Why is this happening to me?"
- Wondering if you will ever be free of your anxiety
- “Will I ever be able to live a 'normal' life?”
- "I have goals that I want to achieve but wonder if I will ever be able to get started"
Anxiety can steal our joy and connection. If you are experiencing feelings like those above, counselling can offer a place of healing and change.
I can help you:
- Develop tools for coping with feelings of worry and negative thought patterns
- Improve the quality of your life and connections
- Experience freedom to live the life you deserve
It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and I commend you for making it this far. Right now, THIS VERY MOMENT, you are taking the first step toward change. Use this momentum and schedule your first appointment or contact me for your free and confidential 15-minute phone consultation. Move toward the freedom you desire.