You often feel powerless over the temptation to watch pornography and it causes problems in many areas of your life. It has become a habit to keep promising yourself you will stop, but you repeatedly break that promise. I understand how difficult this struggle can be, and know the monster you face.
Challenges you may be experiencing
As an individual struggling with pornography use, it is normal to find yourself experiencing one or more of these challenges:
- Feeling compulsive toward pornography paired with masturbation
- “The urge just won’t go away until I satisfy it.”
- Feeling disappointed in how pornography has affected your relationship
- "I have to elaborately hide this part of myself from my spouse."
- “I have problems being intimate when I am with a real person.”
- Feeling hopeless because of how many times you have tried to stop
- “I often promise myself this will be the last time, but it never is."
- Feeling shame, embarrassment, and isolation because of pornography use
- “I could never talk about this struggle with anybody else…what would people think if they knew?”
- “I feel so weak, I should be able to stop.”
- "What does God think of me?"
- Wondering if you will ever experience freedom from pornography
- “This battle has been going on for so long, will I ever be able to change?”
- "I need to watch increasingly explicit material to experience the same level of arousal."
We have a natural yearning for connection and pornography can hijack and distort our desire. If you are experiencing feelings like those above, counselling can offer a place of healing and change.
I can help you:
- Regain control over your sexuality and the ability to say NO to pornography
- Improve the intimacy in your relationship
- Experience the freedom you desire
I have specialized training in this area and am uniquely positioned to work with you.
It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and I commend you for making it this far. Right now, THIS VERY MOMENT, you are taking the first step toward change. Use this momentum, go to the contact page and schedule your free and confidential 15-minute phone consultation. Move toward the freedom you desire.