Sex & Pornography Addiction
You often feel powerless over the temptation to engage in unwanted sexual behaviour, whether it be with another person or with pornography. This causes problems in many areas of your life - from having to keep a part of yourself a secret from others to interrupting your intimacy with you spouse. It has become a habit to promise yourself you will stop, but you repeatedly break that promise. After struggling for two-decades myself before finding freedom through Counselling, I understand how strong the temptation can be and how difficult it can be to succeed without help.
Challenges you may be experiencing
As a person struggling with sexual addictions or pornography use, it is normal to find yourself experiencing one or more of these challenges:
- Feeling compulsive toward finding sex or engaging with pornography/masturbation
- “The urge just won’t go away until I satisfy it.”
- Feeling disappointed in how your behaviour has affected your relationship
- "I have to elaborately hide this part of myself from my spouse."
- “I have problems being intimate when I am with a real person.”
- "My spouse and I feel more like roommates than intimate partners."
- Feeling hopeless because of how many times you have tried to stop
- “I often promise myself this will be the last time, but it never is."
- Feeling shame, embarrassment, and isolation
- “I could never talk about this with anybody else…what would people think if they knew?”
- “I feel so weak, I should be able to stop.”
- "What does God think of me?"
- Wondering if you will ever experience freedom
- “This battle has been going on for so long, will I ever be able to change?”
- "I need to watch increasingly explicit material or engage in more risky sexual behaviour to experience the same level of arousal."
We have a natural yearning for connection, but our sexual behaviour and pornography use can hijack and distort this desire. If you are experiencing feelings like those above, counselling can offer a place of healing and change.
I can help you:
- Develop strategies to help you overcome these unwanted behaviours
- Regain control over your sexuality and the ability to say NO
- Improve the intimacy in your relationships
- Experience the freedom you desire
I have specialized training in this area and am uniquely positioned to work with you.
Counselling is Private & Confidential. You can come to my office or receive support through Video Counselling in the comfort and privacy of your own home.
It takes a lot of courage to reach out for help and I commend you for making it this far. Right now, THIS VERY MOMENT, you are taking the first step toward change. Use this momentum and schedule your first appointment or contact me for your free and confidential 15-minute phone consultation. Move toward the freedom you desire.